Unity Trainwreck FPS Player
A downloadable asset pack for Windows, macOS, and Linux
This page is gonna stay plain. Basically, this is an FPS controller I cooked up to quickly make trainwrecks with for GloriousTrainwrecks.com. Hopefully you'll find some use in it. If you want a more feature packed version with different tools and stuff, just say.
Use this shit without crediting me if you want, I didn't put as much time into it as I have for Proto-Palette.
This asset package contains the following:
- An FPS player with zooming, sprinting and control locking. All of these things have fairly extensive settings.
- 4 shaders for different effects for your trainwreck:
- Clam Chowder - A shader based heavily off of the clothing style from a certain childhood show. Includes both lit and unlit versions.
- Pulsate - A pulsation effect designed to make things look sort of alive. Has settings for three different pulsation directions. Includes both lit and unlit versions.
- Sliced - A neat effect perfect for holograms (the unlit version supports transparency) or tech effects (like objects being spawned or removed). Has settings for band width.
- Vibulate - A more advanced version of pulsate with visual distortion.
- A model for testing shaders with (designed for tileable textures).
- 9 tileable textures for surreal landscapes or whatever wonderful nonsense you have planned. Includes Checkers, Infinity, Maze, MindMelt, Molten, Neon, Puffed, Smoked and Washer.
(Infinity and Molten are the only two colored textures, the rest are grayscale so you can recolor them in the material editor to match your game better).
- A singular script I threw in to the package for the sake of it called bobandshake. Good for 2D images, not so much for 3D.
- Removed the need for a specified ground layer.
- Changed the way the system handles being grounded as well as how it handles gravity. (Thanks ._a for the help!)
- Added the intro system to the kit as a free little addon. Lets you make very simple coda-esque bumpers for your games.
- Patched jumping bug when movement is locked.
Also thanks to marek for the help as well!
- Removes ground check reference, as it has no use in this.
- Fixed stupid issue with sticking to the undersides of platforms like a spider.